find books, buy books, read more books!
Green Card Lottery USA

  'cuz you're not in Kansas anymoreYou are loving us!You are loving us!
Where's my money? - Psst...come here, we'll show you.FREE-scholarship search-FREE - (Did we mention that it's free?)Site MAP - 'cuz you're not in Kansas anymore!money money money money money
money money money money money


      Pell Grants
The Federal PELL Grant is a student aid program which assists approximately 4.4 million undergraduate students per year. Federal PELL Grants do not have to be repaid. The amount of each grant is determined by financial need which is calculated by the federal government, and educational costs, which are based on average university charges; the average amount is $1,460.

To be eligible for the Federal PELL Grant, you must demonstrate financial need (as determined by the application process), be enrolled at least half-time in an undergraduate degree or provisional program, maintain satisfactory academic progress according to established University policy, and be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident.

To apply for the Federal PELL Grant and other federal aid programs, students should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Applications take about six weeks to process. If you have not received your Student Aid Report (SAR) from the processor within six weeks, you should write and request a duplicate.

The amount of the award will be calculated by the college according to average University charges, number of credits carried each semester, number of semesters enrolled in per academic year, and the Federal PELL Grant index. Amounts range between $400 and $2,300 per year. Awards are generally divided between fall and spring semesters unless otherwise designated.

Qualified students will be notified by mail of the amount of their Federal PELL Grant.

Official Federal Student Aid Information Center

Call our toll free numbers:

Federal Student Aid Information Center (FSAIC)
1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243)

TTY users (for the hearing-impaired) can call:

Callers in locations without access to 800 numbers may call
1-319-337-5665 (this is not a toll free number)


  FASTaiD 1998 CEE       All rights reserved. Do not copy or redistribute in any form.         Mail: Editor